Tuesday 6 July 2010

Velvet Elvis, 566 Dumbarton Road

© All rights reserved.

It was just one of those moments when you're not really expecting to find something beautiful and, perhaps, even in another situation maybe you wouldn't find this one thing you've found to be as beautiful as you do in this moment. Maybe that doesn't seem like the kind of sentence to begin with when talking about a chair but this chair embodies more than a chair often does, and in any case, I am someone who values their surroundings as having the ability to impact on one's experiences. This chair quietly spoke to me, strangely not looking out-of-place in a converted butchers, and I happened to have my camera (which is very unlike me, at times when I wish I had it most). I'll stop typing now as I managed to appreciate it without someone prattling on in my ear, so I reckon the chair can speak to you itself.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with many things you said here :) especially the bit about your surroundings really impacting your experience, like getting the lighting right in a room, or something. the chair looks like it should be on an old film set xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree also, its so pretty, it has a lovely quality of craftmanship which you just don't get nowadays! xxx

    ReplyDelete