Thursday 15 October 2009

SongMax by Elevation Workshop

Found this design for a new women's clothes shop today on Dezeen and I was quite surprised that I liked it.





I'm not fond of cold hard materials; I would normally prefer black and white not to be used in such close proximity of one another; and halogen lighting isn't my favourite either, but what's nice is the way the space is arranged and the finish achieved. I mainly like it for it's simple creativity. It uses just a few bold design features and the outcome is a complex environment which can be assumed to serve its purpose well. I can see clothes infusing the environment without clashing or struggling to stand out and I put this down to the constrained colour palette and material range.





::click on the above image to enlarge::


I think what also appealed to me was the way that the company illustrate their design in these two simple diagrams. 




I couldn't find a better image than the above diagram for my favourite element of the store which is a full length mirror positioned at one end of the central walk way. I would have been tempted to find a way to have a mirror at either end to create that mirror echo effect but it's nice enough the way it is I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment